THE $10,000 BULLSEYE CONTEST RULES
THE $10,000 BULLSEYE CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of the province of Ontario;
(b) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry; and
(c) be able to accept the Prize as awarded.
Employees of 591989 B.C. Ltd. operating CKRU-FM (the “Station”) and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (together with the Station, “Corus”), Shorelines Casinos, Hi Ho Silver, Roto Spa Incorporated, Fontaine Source For Sports, Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa Peterborough, My Left Breast, Live Nation Canada, Talize, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively and together with Corus, the “Sponsors”), their advertising and promotional agencies, and/or the household members of any of the above are not eligible to enter.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at approximately 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 1, 2017 and ends the earlier of a) at approximately 6:00 p.m. ET on October 30, 2017, or b) once the Sponsors have awarded a total of Ten Thousand Canadian Dollars (CDN$10,000) in Cash Prizes (defined below) whichever comes first (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period may be extended for an additional four (4) business days in the event that no one has guessed the Number (defined below) by 6:00 p.m. ET on October 30, 2017.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(i) Listen to the Station Monday to Friday during the Contest Period (except statutory holidays) at approximately 7:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m. ET (immediately following the newscast when applicable) for the cue to call to be played (the “Cue to Call”). Upon hearing the Cue to Call, listeners are invited to call 705-876-1005 (the “Contest Line”). A random numbered caller, as chosen by the on-air announcer, who gets through the Contest Line during a Cue to Call (each a “Contestant”) will be invited to play the Bullseye game as follows. The first Contestant of the day will have one (1) chance to identify a number between one (1) and one hundred (100) which the Station has pre-selected at their sole discretion that day (the “Number”). If the first Contestant is able to identify the Number correctly within approximately ten (10) seconds, he/she could win One Hundred Canadian dollars (CDN$100.00), subject to these Contest Rules (the “Cash Prize”). If a Contestant does not correctly identify the Number during the allotted time, he/she will qualify to enter the Grand Prize draw. The Cue to Call will end and the Prize increases by Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50.00) for the next scheduled Cue to Call. The Prize will continue to increase by Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50.00) increments for each subsequent Cue to Call until the Number is correctly identified (carrying on to the following weekday, if necessary). Previously (incorrect) guessed numbers will be posted on www.1005freshradio.ca (the “Contest Website”).
Once the Number is correctly identified and a Cash Prize is awarded, all Cues to Call for the remainder of that day will be cancelled. The Contest will resume the next weekday (except statutory holidays) at approximately 7:00 a.m. ET (immediately following the newscast when applicable) with a new Number, a Prize value of One Hundred Canadian dollars (CDN$100.00), and the process of accumulation of Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50.00) increments will begin again.
In the event the Contest Period is extended, the Station will implement a ‘Hi-Low’ element to the Contest. If a Contestant does not correctly identify the Number during the allotted time, the on-air host will state that the winning number is higher or lower than the number he/she guessed, the Cue to Call will end and the process of accumulation of Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50.00) increments will continue until a Cash Prize is awarded.
(b) During the Contest Period, listeners may call the Contest Line as many times as they like each time a Cue to Call is broadcast, but any Contestant who correctly identifies the Number and wins a Cash Prize may not participate in any further Cues to Call during the Contest Period.
(a) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. Unless otherwise set out herein, no communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential winner.
(c) Streaming listeners may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal, which may vary depending on the device on which you are listening and the speed of the internet connection. Sponsors recommend turning on a radio to the Station for the Cue to Call. Sponsors assume no liability for entrants not making timely phone calls to the Station due to delays in the streamed signal.
(d) If the telephone connection between the Station announcer and an entrant is not clear, such that the announcer and/or entrant cannot hear each other or the entrant is disconnected, that entrant may, in the sole discretion of the Sponsors, be disqualified and the Releasees (defined below) will not be liable in any way.
(a) Cash Prizes. The total number of Cash Prizes to be awarded during the Contest Period and the value of each Cash Prize awarded will depend on the total number of eligible entrants who call in and are able to identify the Number during the Contest Period. The total number of Cash Prizes to be awarded could range between zero and forty-one (41). Each Cash Prize consists of a cash prize of a minimum of One Hundred Canadian dollars (CDN$100.00). The precise value of the Cash Prize will be determined by the outcome of the game at each Cue to Call and the cash amount accumulated.
(b) Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) available to be won by the Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of:
(i) One (1) Downtown Peterborough gift card valid at over four hundred (400) Downtown Peterborough retailers in the amount of One Thousand Canadian dollars (CDN$1,000.00) courtesy of Shoreline Casinos (downtown locations where gift cards are NOT accepted include Freshco, LCBO and Peterborough Square);
(ii) One (1) two-week hot tub rental including delivery, set-up and pick-up within fifty (50) kilometers of the City of Peterborough, ON with an approximately retail value of One Thousand Canadian dollars (CDN$1,000.00) courtesy of Roto Spa Inc. Must be redeemed by December 31, 2017;
(iii) One (1) one-of-a-kind necklace measuring 26” to 29” with extender designed by Ayala Bar courtesy of Hi Ho Silver located at 392 George Street North, Peterborough ON with an approximately retail value of Three Hundred Fourteen Canadian dollars (CDN$314.00);
(iv) One (1) gift certificate from Fontaine Source For Sports located at 384 Queen Street, Peterborough, ON in the amount of Seven Hundred and Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$750.00);
(v) One (1) Pure Bliss Package from Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa Peterborough, located at 999 Lansdowne Street West, Unit 5 including 1) one (1) eighty (80) minute ultra-hot stone massage, 2) one (1) fifty (50) minute signature facial, 3) one (1) hot towel foot exfoliation massage, 4) one (1) peppermint scalp massage with a total approximate retail value of Three-Hundred and Four Canadian dollars and Eighty-Five Cents (CDN$304.85);
(vi) Six (6) gift certificates from Talize located at 1154 Chemong Road, Peterborough, ON each in the amount of Fifty Canadian dollars (CDN$50.00);
(vii) One (1) gift certificate from My Left Breast located at 203 Simcoe Street Unit #3, Peterborough, ON in the amount of Three Hundred Canadian dollars (CDN$300.00); and
(viii) One (1) pair of tickets to see JAY-Z in concert on November 22, 2017 at the Air Canada Centre, located at 40 Bay St, Toronto, ON valued at approximately One Hundred and Sixty Canadian dollars (CDN $160.00).
(c) The Grand Prize has an approximate value of Four Thousand One Hundred and Twenty-Eight Canadian dollars and Eighty-Five Cents (CDN $4,128.85).
(d) The Cash Prizes and Grand Prizes are hereafter collectively referred to as “Prize” or “Prizes”. Cash Prize Winners and the Grand Prize Winner are hereafter collectively referred to as a “Winner” or “Winners”.
(e) Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(f) Winners may claim Prizes at the Station’s studios in Peterborough, Ontario. Prizes will be distributed within thirty (30) to forty-five (45) business days after each Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS.
(a) Winners will be responsible for all incidental costs and expenses not explicitly included in the Prizes.
(b) The terms by which the gift cards/gift certificates/tickets/hot tub rental may be redeemed are governed by the individual retailer or service provider. Corus is not responsible for administering or ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions relating to the gift cards/gift certificates/tickets/hot tub rental.
(c) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of a Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and the Sponsors shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(d) The Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner shall be selected as follows:
(a) On or about November 7, 2017 in Peterborough, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(b) The odds of being selected as a potential Prize winner are dependent upon the number of Cues to Call during the Contest Period, the total number of people who call the Contest Line during each Cue to Call, the number of Contestants that successfully identify the Number during the Contest Period, and the number of Contestants who guessed an incorrect number since the last Cash Prize was awarded.
(c) THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 7, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M. ET AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone or e-mail (as specified in the notification) to the contact number or e-mail address provided no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Contest Rules and/or the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond accordingly, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(d) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
7. RELEASE. Winners will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winners’: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made available at the Station’s studios, located at 151 King Street, Peterborough, Ontario throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Corus property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsors or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, age range, telephone number and e-mail address (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners and coordinating the provision of the Prizes; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. TERMINATION. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
15. DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
16. SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to Corus and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Corus.