So this is a bit of a parenting tip. It kind of turns tough love on its head. But its also a guide for life . . . The ultimate Navy Seal guide to exceptional success and achievement.
Here are the tips:
- Develop mental toughness. There are four pillars: goal-setting, mental visualization, positive self-talk and arousal control.
- Microgoals. Focus on one thing at a time, and drown out all distractions. Determine the overall objective and break it into smaller pieces . . . and break it down as much as you have to.
- 3. Visualize success AND how you’ll overcome failure or disaster. Imagine yourself going through the corrective actions ….. imagine yourself under attack. Your mind will be ready and in control.
- Convince yourself you can do it. Block all negative self-talk.
- Control your arousal. Block out everything except the task at hand.
- Be aware. Get your head out of your phone.
- Avoid bad stuff.
- Practice humility. You’re not the solution to every problem.
- Find your three mentors: someone you would like to emulate, a peer you think is better at the job than you are, and a subordinate who is doing your previous job better than you did.
- Do small things right. Make your bed in the morning.
- Be smart about assessing others.
- Suck it up. Sometimes it’s all you can do when you’re uncomfortable and discouraged.
- Sometimes, go head first. Sometimes you have to accept the risks and dive anyway.
- Take on the sharks. Stand your ground.
- Identify the moments that matter. One of the keys to success is consistency . . .
- Be happy and if you cant be happy, fake it.